AES provide electrical installation, inspection and maintenance services for airfields and airports throughout Western Australia.
Aerodrome Electrical Services (AES) provide comprehensive new aerodrome electrical installation, upgrades, maintenance and inspection services for all airfields and airports in Perth and regional areas of Western Australia.
AES was established to meet the growing need for Aerodrome Electrical Services in accordance with legislative needs for government, community and private aerodrome operators.
Very few electrical contractors have the skills, knowledge or certification to handle your aerodrome’s electrical and lighting needs. At AES we understand the necessary regulatory requirements that apply to aerodromes and will work with you to meet the obligations and operational needs of your airfield or airport lighting requirements.
Our licensed electricians are Airfield Lighting Accredited and conduct CASA approved audits and annual inspections to provide detailed reports of aerodrome electrical and lighting systems. Inspections are conducted in compliance with CASR (Civil Aviation Safety Regulation) Aerodrome Technical Inspections, as well as AS/NZS electrical safety standards.
AES licensed electricians can offer 12 monthly Aerodrome Technical Inspection (Electrical) audits for airfields and airports covering:
- Luminance testing of lighting systems
- Resistance testing of earth points
- Voltage and amp testing of main circuits
- PAL and AFRU systems checks
- Checks of any relevant AIP and Manuals
- PAPI leveling
- Switchboard inspection
- Documented report and findings including compliance recommendations
AES electrical and lighting installation services for aerodromes include the following:
- Runway lighting
- Approach lighting
- Taxiway lighting
- Approach lighting and beacons
- Precision Approach Path Indicator systems (PAPI)
- Obstacle and/or obstruction lighting eg towers, masts
- Apron flood lighting
- Illuminated Wind Direction Indicators (IWDI)
- Switchboards and back-up power supplies
All electrical and lighting work meets regulatory Guidelines for Aerodromes and is performed by Airfield Lighting Accredited electricians with electrical contracting experience.
Recent projects by Aerodrome Electrical Services include:
- Perth Airport – complete fit out of three new Airfield Electrical Lighting Rooms (ALERs) for the new CATIII upgrade
AES / TIEC worked along side ADB Safegate and West Coast Civil to deliver the new ALERs for this major project
- Karratha Airport – full replacement of taxiway primary circuit
- Jandakot Airport – complete aerodrome ground lighting (AGL) upgrade and air service control tower upgrade
- Leonora Airport – electrical technical inspection
- Laverton Airport – electrical technical inspection
- Wiluna Airport – electrical technical inspection
From the carpark out front to the terminal, hangers and workshops within, to the runways and taxiways beyond – AES can service every part of your aerodrome electrical, lighting and communication needs.